gift of tongues and allons-y ing

WEEK THREE!!!! 

I'm officially old according to MTC standards. But this week was aweeesome. First off poor Elder Beeson taught an entire lesson on how to be forgiven for our fish (pescados) instead of sins (pecados). I honestly don't know what I'm saying sometimes but its fine.

The craziest experience this week. We were teaching our investigator Ana from Colombia. She's a TRC which means she talks faster and more legit, but she is the most amazing human. She was talking during the lesson and I was trying to translate with my mind which has become habit from so many years of spanish classes but every time I tried to translate with my own mind, I couldn't do it. I was confused because I could usually understand. It got to the point where I was like oh no I have to respond and I don't know what she's been talking about so I said a quick prayer and I felt the thought directly to me: She's talking about how caring her dad is. I went with it and started listening again, she was talking about exactly that. I hadn't heard a word before that prompting and yet somehow I knew. God isn't interested in my spanish or my teaching ability, He's interested in my humility and my willingness to recognize that I will never ever be the missionary He needs on my own. GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL SO SO REAL. my comps say sometimes they don't even know what i'm saying in lessons because i go so fast and the Spirit just gives me the words that He needs me to say, in whatever language they are. Gift of tongues is a thing in english too with just knowing how to help people. wow!

SPEAKING OF TONGUES the frenchies are our homies here at the MTC and our most fav french phrase is allons-y which means let's go! They always yell it at the top of their lungs. So this week we are just marching to class through t​​he rain with the frencies and just yelling ALLONS-Y!! LETS GO SHARE THE GOSPEL WAHOO! Giving people the happiest thing on earth is the happiest thing and it takes all of us and I wouldn't want it any other way. Allons-y people!

This week I read in Acts about how the people in this one city, with a name I would probably spell wrong, described the missionaries in the Bible. They said that they were "turning the world upside down". I can tell you when I sit in a room with 100s of other missionaries who are about to cover the planet in languages they don't know and change the lives of people singing Called to Serve and Army of Helaman that that is exactly what God is about to let us do. Turn the world upside down in the best way possible! People need what we have.

HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!
Hermana Curtis

PS THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NOTES AND PACKAGES AHHHH YOU'RE ALL THE BEST!
pics:
SJ left me for Norway this week:(
elder macpherson yay lp friends
SNOW
SNOW
elder cox getting in a quick piano rap break
we do wall sits while we study to keep us focused












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Fold your head and bow your arms"